Also recorded on May 17, this episode had no plan, and no DJ Heat.
In this episode
- DJ Khalad ft. Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne - "I'm on One"
- Kardinal Offishall ft. T-Pain – "Fire Flame" (Produced by Boy1da)
- Bacalao - "The Robots (Die Roboter)"
- Oregon Trail
- Nicki Minaj ft. Ester Dean - "Super Bass (Bonus Track)"
- Ugly Female Artists? Any?
- Katy Perry ft. KanYe West - "E.T."
- Pumice's Office Bathroom Story / Men's Room Etiquette
- Jim Jones ft. Lloyd - "Believe in Magic"
- New Boyz ft. Bei Maejor - "Start Me Up"
- New Boyz ft. Chris Brown - "Better with the Lights Off"
- Big Sean - "I Do It"
- Big Sean ft. Chris Brown - "My Last"
- Ke$ha ft. B.O.B. - "Blow (Remix)"
- Young Chris ft. Boyz II Men - "Hey Lover"
- RNS IRC Release Group
- Rell / Young Gunz - "No Better Love"
- The Dream - "Hello, Hi, Goodbye"
- Pretty Ricky ft. Snoop Dogg - "Topless"
- Trae the Truth ft. Rick Ross & Jadakiss - "Inkredible (Remix)"
- B.o.B. ft. Yelawolf - "It's a Party"
- Jim Jones ft. Juelz Santana & Waka Flocka - "848"
- Bass Boy - "I Got the Bass"
In this episode
- Japan's situation keeps getting worse
- Meek Mill ft. Rick Ross - "Tupac Back"
- Wale ft. Rick Ross & Jada Kiss - "600 Benz" produced by Cardiak
- Rick Ross ft. Lil Wayne - "9 Piece (Remix)"
- Beastie Boys - "Make Some Noise"
- YC ft. DeX! - "Racks (Dex Remix)"
- YC ft. Maino & Future - "Racks (Maino & Future Remix)"
- YC ft. Ace Hood - "Racks (Ace Hood Remix)"
Equipment Malfunction - Our Apologies
DJ Drama ft. Wiz Khalifa & Roscoe Dash - "Oh My"
We didn't want to keep you waiting any longer, so this episode is being posted with very few links. We'll update it soon, we promise!
In this episode
- Yung Chris ft. Future (Produced by Sonny Digital) - "Racks"
- Where has Lex Lugor been?!
- Kanyé West ft. Big Shawn and Lil Wayne - "All of the Lights (Remix)"
- South by Southwest (SXSW)
- Mac Miller
- Lil Bow Wow, bowing out of the rap game?!
- Red Café ft. Maino - "Faded (Remix)"
- Jin x Dumbfoundead x Traphik - "Charlie Sheen"
- Kris Kross??
- Game ft. Lil Wayne - "Red Nation" - produced by Cool and Dre
The 2011 Grammy Awards Recap
- Christina Aguilera Falls (video)
- Serene Branson Grammy Flub
- Rhianna sued for photos used in video for "S&M"
- Bruno Mars - "Just the Way You Are" (Male Pop Vocal Performance)
- Rihanna - "Only Girl in the World" (Dance Recording)
- Usher - "There Goes My Baby" (Male R&B Vocal Performance)
- Sade - "Soldier of Love" (R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals)
- Cee Lo Green - "_____You" (Urban/Alternative Performance)
- Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz - "On To the Next One" (Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group)
- Jay-Z and Alicia Keys - "Empire State of Mind" (Rap/Sung Collaboration & Rap Song)
- Eminem - "Not Afraid" (Rap Solo Performance)
- Eminem - "Recovery" (Rap Album)
- Nick Cassavetes to direct 'Freeway' Rick Ross Biopic
- 50 Cent not to be on Dr. Dre's upcoming album "Detox"
- Eminem & Lil Wayne to perform at Bonnaroo Festival
- Young Jeezy - "Count it Up"
- Young Jeezy ft. Tity Boi - "Hard in the Kitchen"
- Young Jeezy ft. USDA
- Young Chris ft. French Montana - "Break a Bitch Down"
Thanks to the release of the instrumental of DJ Khaled's "Welcome to My Hood," every artist and their gardener is releasing their own version. This week we have Maino's New York version featuring Red Cafe & Uncle Murda.
Travis Barker just released "Can a Drummer Get Some," featuring Swizz Beatz, The Game, Lil Wayne and Rick Ross. Apparently there's more than one version.
Jim Jones featuring Omega El Fuerte - "We Represent"
Also in this episode
"Christian Dior Denim Flow" by Kanyé West, featuring Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Cella, Lloyd Banks & Ryan Leslie.
"Take One for the Team" by Kanyé West Feat Keri Hilson, Pusha T & CyHi the Prince.
Nicki Minaj will be an opener this year on Lil Wayne’s 2011 “I Am Music II Tour,” along with Rick Ross and Travis Barker. Currently, the tour is scheduled to kick off on March 18th in Buffalo, NY and will run through May 1st at the Bamboozle Festival in East Rutherford, NJ.
Cam'ron and Vado - "And You Don't Stop" (download link)
- Ace Hood (featuring Lil Wayne & Rick Ross) – "Hustle Hard (Remix)"
- Cam'ron (featuring Vado) - "Sour Life"
- Bonus track: Vado - "On His Own"
Biz Markie's "I Need a Haircut" was withdrawn due to a sample from Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally)". The album was later released without the offending song. Contrary to our top-of-head recollection, Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" wasn't exactly the first song with legal sampling issues. That title is likely held by "Pump Up the Volume" by M|A|R|R|S. It seems like the only available video where Vanilla Ice explains the difference is from VH-1's "I Love the '90s". Also, as mentioned in the Wikipedia about sampling, "in a 1990 interview, Van Winkle said the two melodies were slightly different because he had added an additional note."
- Nate Harrison's 2004 video about the "Amen Break"
- The Winstons - "Amen, Brother" (1969)
- Run-D.M.C. - "Here We Go (live at the Funhouse)" (1983)
- Billy Squire - "The Big Beat" (1981)
- Kraftwerk - "The Man Machine"
- The Fearless Four - "Rockin' It"
- Jay-Z featuring Foxy Brown - "Sunshine"
- Jay-Z's book, "Decoded"
- Bob James - "Take Me to the Mardis Gras" — probably best known as the sample used by Run-D.M.C. for "Peter Piper"
- Luniz - "I Got Five On It" — which samples Club Nouveau "Why You Treat Me So Bad"
- Digital Underground - "Freaks of the Industry" — uses a sample from Donna Summer - "Love to Love You Baby" (approximately 4:05 in to the track)
Pick a song and dissect it into its original pieces.
- Jay-Z & Kanye release "H.A.M." plus the remix with Busta Rhymes
- Nicki Minaj - "Roman's Revenge," remix with Lil Wayne replacing Eminem
- DJ Khaled, “Welcome To My Hood” featuring Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Rick Ross, and Plies
- Red Café (ft. Rick Ross) - "Faded"
- Eminem's label, Shady Records, signs Yelawolf & Slaughterhouse
- Busta Rhymes - "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See"
- The P.S.A. that influenced Busta Rhyme's "Dangerous" - "We're Not Candy"
- Kanyé West (ft. Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj) "Monster" (video)
- KRS-One "Sound of Da Police"
- Auto-Tune vs. Talk Box (FYI: vocoder works like talk box without needing the tube, etc.)